Google Analytics 4
Edit: checkout my updated freelance Google Analytics consultant page here.
Google Analytics 4 (aka GA4) is a completely new version of Google Analytics.
Did you know all standard Google Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits on July 1, 2023? The countdown is on!
There’s no good reason to leave migrating to Google Analytics 4 to the last minute. In fact, you should consider making the move to GA4 as soon as possible to build the necessary historical data before Universal Analytics stops processing new hits.
I have completed Google Analytics 4 training through CXL and am Google Analytics certified. I’ve already helped a number of clients get ahead of the change-over, completing numerous GA4 upgrades and migrations to-date, including Looker Studio reports setup, and G4 training.
The typical GA4 analytics services I provide include:
- Google Analytics 4 upgrades / migrations: Installing up-to-date tracking codes, across the entire website, including sub-domain, cross-domain, and third-party sites.
- Google Analytics 4 > Google Tag Manager integration: Setting up Google Tag Manager for efficient tag integration.
- Google Analytics 4 Conversion Tracking: Making sure all conversion actions are tracked with your Analytics platform.
- Audience Configuration: Configuring custom audiences to review customer segment performance, and for use with remarketing.
- Google Analytics 4 Reporting Dashboards: Setting up custom reporting dashboards, tailored for specific stake-holders. No more digging through dozens of reports or manual data collection.
- Google Analytics 4 Training: Custom training your team how to read and react to the information returned in your Analytics.
It’s being touted by Google as the future of Analytics because GA4:
- Collects both website and app data to better understand the customer journey
- Uses events instead of session-based data
- Includes privacy controls such as cookieless measurement, and behavioural and conversion modelling
- Predictive capabilities offer guidance without complex models
- Direct integrations to media platforms help drive actions
A typical Google Analytics 4 upgrade may look like:
If you want to continue to use Google Analytics then you’ll need to upgrade to GA4.
On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data.
Six months after that you will no longer be able to access Universal Analytics properties or data.
Want to discuss upgrading to GA4? Get in touch!